Friday, February 7, 2014

Troy's Top 100 Movies. #87 The Burbs.

#87 The Burbs.
Continuing my eighties 80's countdown I bring you one of my favorite Tom Hanks performances that I bet you never heard of, The Burbs. The Burbs is a 1989 film that centers around Ray Petersen (Hanks) and his two friends Mark Rumsfield (Bruce Dern) and Art Weingartner as they start to suspect that there is more then meets the eye about the new family that has moved in on their block. Also starring Carrie Fisher and Corey Feldman The Burbs is a comedic look at life in the suburbs. It is a fantiastic, entertaining movie that showcases Hanks potential as a leading man. Part comedy, part horror film The Burbs is a great story with quick dialogue. If you haven't seen this go seek it out, you'll thank me. "I've never seen that. I've never seen someone drive their garbage to the curb then beat the hell out of it with a stick. I've never seen that."

No comments:

Post a Comment